CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

my very first booboo!

Yesterday we had a ballet class which started early and ended late...
the usual bar works, warm ups, plie's, demi-plie's, tondu's, grand battement (bat-ma), develope's (de-ve-lo-pay), and all those excruciating stretchings, arabesque here, arabesque there, you might be wondering what this words are? well, they are ballet terms, french words of steps we execute every time we dance....

Anyway, we decided to use our pointshoes, we were doing our bourre's when i felt a tingling and numb sensation between my right big toe and the toe next to it,it felt kinda sticky, i felt my tights sticking to my toe which doesn't usually happen,but it didn't bother me i thought maybe it was just friction of something so i continued my bourre's, then my right shoe snapped... but i kept dancing i thought i could handle a broken toeshoe while dancing, besides we were almost done with the class... after class i took it off, and there it was! MY VERY FIRST BOOBOO!

This made me realize, i've been dancing for four years using this pair of toeshoes and it was only at this point -this booboo- that i felt like a BALLERINA! woppeeee! i only had blisters before but never a booboo! it actually bled! my tights had blood stains!

My next goal? A dead toenail! hahah in order to have it, i have to work hard and use my toeshoes often during ballet classes!hahahah

0 comments: